• To produce detailed transmission plans to support new services, and network infrastructure to support mobile access, voce core 2G, 3G and 4G platforms
• Liaise with other functional domains such as Core Voice, Mobile Access, Project Management Office & Network Data build.
• To manage and maintain records for Link Budget (Frequency Planning and Allocation, Modulation, Power, Site information etc)
• Manage & maintain planning records for multiple platforms such as PDH, SDH and Pacet Technologies.
• Create bespoke transmission engineering solutions on the network including switch sites.
• Provide technical assistance and communication to field and network build engineers during planning activities or scheduled work.
Produce specific Transmission Plans & Designs for:
o STM-1 recoveries
o E1 re-arrangements
o 2G/3G cct re-arrangements
o Carrier service migrations
o Trouble shooting
o Validation plan documents
o Hardware recovery plans
o STM-1 Migration/swings
o EOL equipement
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Excellent understanding of Microwave, Packet Switching and SDH technology.
• Excellent working knowledge of Ericsson Minilink and Marconi network elements
• Excellent working knowledge of Tems, Pathloss, Global Mapper and MapInfo
• Excellent working knowledge of optical connectivity (ODF’s & DDF’s).
• Good working knowledge of VLAN, VPLS, VPRN, VRRP, BFD & knowledge of BGP
• Good working knowledge of IP infrastructure & typical platforms
• Good Working knowledge of network syncronisation technology e.g. Chronos SSU2000
• Working knowledge of mobile access & core switch networks, e.g. RNC, BSC, MGW, MSCS & MBC’s
• Good working knowledge of Excel (including creation of macros)
• Logical approach to problem solving within the transport network
Transport (team/platform/services specific knowledge)
• Good understanding of mobile and ISP network architecture (GSM, GPRS, UMTS, IP, Internet)
• English language skills (good verbal and written)
Good knowledge of the followings:
o routers, switches and remote access servers , preferably Juniper & Ericsson
o Network and performance monitoring.
o Transmission technologies: PDH, SDH, DWDM, WDM, DSL, ATM, Microwave TX, IP Transport protocols
Fundamental understanding of networks infrastructure: optical fiber, microwaves and copper
• 6+ years minimum experience of working in the Telecoms industry.
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to perform the job functions to a high standard under pressure
• Ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult customers and/or situations
• Ability to provide concise and clear, written and verbal reports
• Ability to work independently
• Experience of producing and delivering customer presentations
• Proven ability to interact with diverse customers in a multi-cultural environment