To produce detailed transmission plans to support new services, and network infrastructure to support mobile access, voce core 2G, 3G and 4G platforms Liaise with other functional domains such as Core Voice, Mobile Access, Project Management Office & Network Data build. To manage and maintain records and Optical and Digital Distribution Frame allocations Manage & maintain planning records for multiple platforms such as SDH, DXC & OTN.
Create bespoke transmission engineering solutions on the network including switch sites. Provide technical assistance and communication to field and network build engineers during planning activities or scheduled work. Produce specific Transmission Plans & Designs for:
o STM-1 recoveries
o E1 re-arrangements
o 2G/3G cct re-arrangements
o OLO re-arrangements
o Carrier service migrations
o Trouble shooting
o Validation plan documents
o Hardware recovery plans
o STM-1 Migration/swings
o EOL equipement
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE AND TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Excellent understanding of SDH and DWDM technology.
- Excellent working knowledge of Ericsson OMS DXC technology e.g. OMS1410 & OMS1664
- Excellent working knowledge of Ericsson AXD DXC technology e.g. AXD 4/1-2 & AXD 620
- Excellent working knowledge of optical connectivity (ODF’s & DDF’s).
- Good working knowledge of VLAN, VPLS, VPRN, VRRP, BFD & knowledge of BGP
- Good working knowledge of IP infrastructure & typical platforms
- Good Working knowledge of network syncronisation technology e.g. Chronos SSU2000
- Excellent working knowledge of mobile access & core switch networks, e.g. RNC, BSC, MGW, MSCS & MBC’s
- Good working knowledge of Excel (including creation of macros)
- Logical approach to problem solving within the transport network
(team/platform/services specific knowledge)
Good understanding of mobile and ISP network architecture (GSM, GPRS, UMTS, IP, Internet)
English language skills (good verbal and written)Good knowledge of the followings:
o Routers, switches and remote access servers , preferably
Cisco, Huawei, Juniper
o Network and routing protocols : EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS , MPLS-VPNs, QOS, Traffic Eng. etc.
o Application protocols
o Network and performance monitoring.
o Transmission technologies: PDH, SDH, DWDM, WDM,
DSL, ATM, Microwave TX, IP Transport protocols
Fundamental understanding of networks infrastructure: optical fiber, microwaves and copper
- 6+ years minimum experience of working in the Telecoms industry.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to perform the job functions to a high standard under pressure
- Ability to remain calm and courteous with demanding/difficult customers and/or situations
- Ability to provide concise and clear, written and verbal reports
- Ability to work independently
- Fluent communication in English (Written & Verbal)
- Experience of producing and delivering customer presentations
- Proven ability to interact with diverse customers in a multi-cultural environment